So after 11 long weeks of SLOGing, I have finally finished learning all the concepts that this course has to offer. To be honest, I will really miss taking this course since it introduced me to many new ways of thinking which will help me out in the long run on my journey to get a specialist in computer science.
During this last week of classes, we wrapped up everything on computability and we were also introduced to the concept of induction. After listening to the lectures, my previous understanding of induction from MAT 137 was strengthened quite a bit however, the way to go about doing induction was slightly different. Instead of starting with a base case, we do the inductive hypothesis first and only after that do we prove the base cases which are the cases that are not covered by the inductive hypothesis.
As I was going through some other Slogs, I came across a slog that definitely helped me.
Through reading Abhinav's blog, it reminded me greatly about how complex proofs can be and how one simple step to make all calculations much easier. I will definitely keep this method of thinking with me as I go into my exam for this course.
http://ace165.blogspot.ca/2014/10/proof-can-be-tricky.html?showComment=1417660930106#c6828251752445604463
Finally done the course! but I feel "finished learning all the concepts" will never be in our journey through computer science. Yeah we did learn but to perfect, or to 'finish' is another. I hope it will be even more interesting as it goes on (236 and all)
ReplyDelete