Sunday, 2 November 2014

SLOG Week 7

Through each topic we cover, I initially find it extremely challenging and then by the end, I find that it becomes second nature to me. With the introduction of big-Oh  and bounds however, I'm a bit sceptical that this pattern will continue. The amount of thought needed to be put into the proof of different cases is just mind blowing and I don't see how I'll ever get used to it.

On another note, I've just finished assignment 2 and found that I learned quite a bit more about how to conduct proofs, such as indentation and how linear proofs are. However, this wasn't without cost as I just spent literally 18 hours without sleep trying to figure out what value to take for an existential proof.


After reading Quinn's slog, I feel more comfortable that other people are in the same situation as me for counting steps in order to successfully do big-Oh proofs. I will indeed do my very best in order to make sure that I fully understand this concept by the time of exams through studying and practising many problems everyday.
http://quinn165.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-7.html?showComment=1417661682781#c8808796752548769768

No comments:

Post a Comment